A Gift On Mother's Day Week

his has been like every other week that I have adventured through. Looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day with my family, wondering what could possibly be rolled up like a scroll ,that good and perfect gift made me. I had kept my word to him not to peek until Mother's Day. Today, today would be all together different.Two days before the celebrating would take place, I was to have my own celebration. A celebration of the little life  that is being knit perfectly together within the secret place. I had been awakened by this most wonderful feeling. I could feel little bumps and kicks for about 10 mins. I put my hand to my swolen abdomen only to be able to feel nothing from the outside only the inside. It was dark in the house. All was sound asleep. I decided to have my own little celebration between God and myself.



I can't praise you enough Lord for allowing me to feel the tiny little kicks from this precious little life that you have placed in my womb. I had so missed this wonderful blessing once I had my good and perfect gift. Fearing that I would never feel this again. But you great and mighty Yaweh have made it posssible for this womb this secret place to carry another life, a life that I will pour Christ into. A life that will know your love and experience it through you working through me. I praise you that this has happened on Mother's Day week. You have given me so many precious gifts this week and I praise you for them all. In the words of your servant Mary who praised you for putting the life of your one and only Son into her womb:


My soul magnifies the Lord,



And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.


For He has regarded the low estate of His handmaiden,


For behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.


For He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.


He has shown strength with His arm:


He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.


He has put down the mighty from their thrones,


and exalted those of low degree.


He has filled the hungry with good things;


and the rich He has sent empty away.


He has helped His servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy;


As He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to His posterity forever.






Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.


As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen



I praise you Lord for life ! I praise you for giving me the responsibility of two little ones to raise for your kingdom and for your glory! I praise you for the excitement of good and perfect gift and how He wants this baby to be here right now! How he just can't wait to see His new Brother/Sister. How my arms ache to hold this little one and yet don't want to give up the moving and kicking inside. I praise you for a husband who is understanding and takes good care of me letting me get the extra sleep and taking over bedtime schedules and story time. I praise you for a friend who prayed for this unborn child on Sunday at church. How she too has her own struggles with her own good and perfect gift. The way she keeps following after you in the times of hard Eucharisteo's Thank you that you are helping her to keep her sanity as you have helped me to keep mine. Thank you for proving the Dr's. wrong a second time. Thank you that it was your hand that put this life there. May he/ or she grow up as Jesus grew, in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man. May this life run hard and fast after you. Trusting you in the hard times of life as well as the easy times. May this little life be one who shines soley for your Son. Jesus may you do great and mighty things through our family. Through our children. May they  and us lead a holy and blameless life before you. Holy Spirit would you work greatly through my husband and I to lead our children to Christ and then lead them in the way you want them to go? Holy Spirit would you give us all that we need, enable us to be the godly parents you have called us to be? Mainly in the area of  our tempers. Keep our tempers in check and enable us to keep going back to you for prayer and forgiveness when we mess up. Thank you for Grace, your wonderful marvelous grace that is greater than all our sins. I love you Daddy!
your daughter, ~ Lori


Popular posts from this blog

When the "Happy" is coupled with the "Hard" { along with a free printable!}

Psst! I'm having my first giveaway and your invited!

My First Mother's Day Without My Mamma