When You Must Forgive 70 Times 7

Matthew 8:22 Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.



                                                            

These are the words that I must live by, words that I must practice daily to keep bitterness from creeping into my soul and giving the enemy a foothold in my heart.

We all have them, in every family. Even in our circle of friends believing and non-believing. Their words cut deep, scaring the soul, leaving behind flesh opened wounds that are in need of His supernatural Holy healing. You hear about yourself from other sources who have talked with this person. you find things out about yourself that even you did not know. You find out lies about yourself that the enemy wants you to believe. Maybe it has been said " I can't believe she let's her son do that"! How about, "Do you believe that She is pregnant again"? ,"She can't even control the one she has let alone another one"! " I guess she will medicate this one too"! Maybe you have even heard this one." "Her and her husband never see eye to eye. I don't know why they married."
You may have the most solid of marriages and you may be mother of the year but in the eyes of this person you are nothing. Is not this what the enemy would want you to believe?
                              
What must you do with words that open up deep chasms in the heart and cause the soul to bleed?
Forgive! Even when you don't feel like it. you must pray for God to give you His abounding grace to forgive this person that has cut you so deep. In and of yourself you will never be able to forgive and move on into healing but when forgiveness comes from Christ it is pure it is holy it is supernatural. It leaves you wondering "How is this possible"? It is possible only IF the Living Lord lives in you. If he is not living in you forgivness will not be possible. Only those who belong to Him have His resurrection power to forgive as Christ forgave. If you have not the living Lord your only action you will take is to bury those hurts deep inside once this happens it begins to fester and bitterness turns to deep anger and you eventually cut yourself off from any relationship with the person who marred your heart.
                 

2 Corinthians 10:5

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.


                                   


Let us not act like the world. Let us act like Christ. Let us love as he loves. Let us forgive as he forgives and let us move near to the person who has wronged us and cut us deep. Their heart mat to be broken and may have the same deep chasm that is in need of His holy healing today. Could you be the one he wants to use despite them hurting you? Could you be the one to speak words of love His love? Could you be the one He wants to use as His instrument in leading them to Himself? Ponder on these things today and pray for the Holy Spirit to lead you to forgive.

                             


Daddy, I need your grace to forgive. I have not any forgiveness in my own heart to forgive. I need you to fill me with your Grace so I may forgive over and over. I know she is lost and in great need of your salvation. She doesn't know what she is doing and she does not know how her words have cut and carved out this hole deep. would you give me your love for her. Would you give me the power  to lavish your love on her in spite of how she has hurt me?  I should not be surprised when a lost person acts like a lost person. I love her Lord and only want a closr relationship with her. Would you move in this relationship and cause their to be healing in my heart. would you remove any and all of the bitterness that is in my heart and give me your heart for her. I love you Daddy and I praise you for the great work you will do in her  heart as well. Use me to lead her to you. Soften her heart to you. Turn her heart to you. Woo her heart to you in Jesus name I pray, Amen.
                             

                                         (consider pausing the music player to enjoy the video )      















Popular posts from this blog

When you have to wait on God

When the "Happy" is coupled with the "Hard" { along with a free printable!}

When Marriage And Life Is Just Plain Hard....Keep On Keepin` On!