For the New Mother Today


You have labored and God has brought forth. You have counted and recounted those fingers and toes just to make sure.

 You have watched him hold the precious gift that was placed in your womb 9 months ago. He holds the babe tenderly and yet awkwardly at the same time, almost as if he is so afraid of breaking this tiny one. He watches his bride emerge into a mother right before his very eyes and he is astonished at the miracle of how everything seems to come alive in her as she holds close her own flesh that was made along with his.




 
You have pressed your lips against that fuzzy little head hundreds of times within the 2-3 days that you have had to hold it close. You have watched this child sleep in your arms and the feelings you have inside are sheer joy!
 
 
The sweet baby noises have all but melted the interior of your heart.
 
They have come to wheel you downstairs to the lobby where your ride awaits to take you and this precious babe home where you will begin the journey of motherhood and parenting.
 
 
 
 
You ease slowly into the back seat of the car. Your groom places the car seat into the base and you pull away to drive home. You pull into the familiar driveway and ease your still swollen body into the house. You gently lift this new life out of the car seat and place your hands under tiny arms to carry back  to the nursery as if to let those tiny eyes see the room that you have prepared.
 
You walk into your bedroom where the bassinet has been placed on your side of the bed because all the mother's that have gone before you have told you about all the sleepless nights you are about to experience. No woman is really ever prepared for these.
 
You lay your little one down into the bassinet and to look at this little life and realize how much he/ she will depend on you for everything is overwhelming. You ease into your side of the bed maybe even pull the covers close and you watch in awe of the life that lays beside you. You can't take your eyes off of this tiny babe.
Your thoughts begin to run wild! How on this spinning globe am I ever going to get this right? What kind of a mother am I going to be? What kind of a Father will he be? What about S.I.D.S ? Did I really sign up for nursing my little one and the pain of it all? Do you really have to go back to work? Can't you stay here and help me? Who will help me when I need it? When will the housework get done? When will I get my shower in? Am I going to get to take a nap to help with the sleep depravation? What if I raise my voice? What form of
discipline will I use? All the pressures and fears  that a new Mom has, can just right bowl you over and make you not want to get back out of those warm covers. The world has it own pressures to throw at you too? Will I ever fit back into my clothes? Will there be time for me to exercise so I can fit back into my clothes?
He will come new Mom. Yes, he will come if you ask him to Jesus will come and guide you in your Mothering. He will quiet you with His love. He will gently lead you as he promises in the bible.
 
Isaiah 40:11 He tends his flock like a shepherd:
    He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
    he gently leads those that have young.
 
You can hear Him now speaking tenderly to your heart. "Peace." He says. "Do not fear" He whispers. "For I am with you!" He encourages.
Lean in, Lean in hard to him new Mother. Allow him to gently lead you with a strong and mighty arm. Ask Him quietly into your heart to take hold of your heart. To capture it , to capture your husband's heart and lead him! Allow him to capture your new family and bring this family into union with him. Oh How he Loves you new Mother. Your journey is the picture of how he loves us!
I pray for you new Mother, that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would fill you with extra measures of grace, as you begin your new calling, as your husband begins his new calling. I pray that you would allow yourself to be rooted and grounded in his love. When you seem to can't go any further and you are tired and worn out. I pray that he would give you an extra measure of strength to keep on keeping on. In The mighty name of Jesus I lift you today.
Amen.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the "Happy" is coupled with the "Hard" { along with a free printable!}

When Marriage And Life Is Just Plain Hard....Keep On Keepin` On!

Psst! I'm having my first giveaway and your invited!