Go Ahead And Put His Light In Your Lantern

My good and perfect gift and I sat around our table yesterday making a surprise for Sweet Hubby when he returned home to us. We are trying to find ways to enter Christ into the Halloween celebration. I'm still confused as to if we as believers should celebrate this day. We have not come to any conclusions as to this yet. We decided to make a Jesus-O- Lantern! This was not our idea but one handed to us. We attempted our first pumpkin carving together. My first pumpkin I have ever carved. The pressure is really on because Good and perfect gift already has in His mind as to how this is supposed to look. He has aready seen one. He is expecting ours to look the same.

We have pumkin that he picked from the pumpkin patch. It is so much smaller that the pumpkin he has seen. I will have to really work to get all the features on this little light shiner. This is a picture of the one he saw.


As you can see for a mother's first time of carving a pumpkin, the pressure is mounted really high. " I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength". This breath prayer is sent heaven ward. I want this to turn out so right. We begin to cut out the top and I loosen up all the pumpkins insides. I hand good and perfect gift a spoon to dip out all the seeds and filling. He's so reluctant because it is all so slimy and his Sensory Issues want to jump right out of his skin and run away. Right now his O.T. is working on trying to desensitize him to these  types of textures so this is a perfect time to have him push through and work to get the insides out. How it is that in our life we always want to run away from the hard things and not face them and be challenged by them. Who knew what God would use to teach me a holy lesson today as my good and perfect gift pulled and yanked out all the slimy goo only to be carved and shaped and have the Light of Truth put back in. We continue and I begin to draw the shapes onto this tiny pumpkin that good and perfect gift picked out with precise care.




with Knife in hand I make the first cut into the pumpkin's hard shell. This feeling I know all to well. The  first cut of the Master pruning His vine to make it even more fruitful. How it hurts and how it perfectly shapes and molds to be cut into the image of His perfect Son. To shine with the ripest of choice fruits that he has aready prepared in advance for us. First one star is carved then another. The cross is next on the list to carve. I too bear in my body the carvings of the cross. I too have been asked to deny myself of all, everything and take my cross up to follow Him. This cross is the hardest to carve. I think about His head that was crowned with thorns and the blood that profusely came dripping down stinging the eyes. I think about his hands  and feet that were pierced for my transgressions. How excrutiating it must have felt to have such thick iron drove straight through to hold you inplace. This pumpkin made no noise it never made a peep as I cut into it's hard skin. My Savior was led like a lamb to the slaughter. Never asking for help from the legion of angels that he could have called upon.


I began to carve out the mouth or the Ichthus symbol. The symbol that people used many years ago to identify themselves in secret with other believers.( The story behind the Ichthus)


We are finally done and the things that have opened up in me as I have shaped and carved and my good and perfect gift has pruned out has taught me once again. That God is always good and I am always loved. Words that have stayed with me from Ann Voskamp



I am a Jesus-O-Lantern
My light will shine so bright
For I am A Christian  pumpkin
My symbols tell what's right.




My nose is like the cross
On which the Savior died
To set us free from sin
We need no longer hide.


My mouth is like a fish
The whole wide world to show
That Christians live in this house
And love their savior so!


The story stares at Christmas
My eyes are like the star
That shone on Baby Jesus
And wise men saw from far.




My color it is orange
Just like the big bright sun
That rose on Easter Day
Along with God's own Son.

May your light shine brilliantly in our hearts and to the world around us this season. May we light the way to you Jesus as we live out our life to carry your cross. In Jesus name I pray amen.


Counting more of my thousand gifts and more


948. Your beautiful word Lord and how it brings healing to the marrow of my bones.
949. Listening to Ann's Keynote speech. I did not get to attend relevant. How I praise you Lord for using this dear sister in my life. I could feel you speaking right to my heart through her Lord.
950.Living to carry the cross
951. Blogging unto Jesus and going lower
952. Blogging to my only audience of one.
953. going to bed with unresolved anger toward Sweet Hubby
954. No good-night kisses very hard Eucharisteao
955. No "I love you's" very hard Eucharisteao
956. My ugly sin
957. Me a mess and the crazy love  who still loves me, messy me
958. God's radical love for me. Even when I sin. Oh what a wretched wife I am.
959. carving my first pumpkin.
960. Watching good and perfect gift squirm as he pulls out the ooey gooey mess from the pumpkin
961. the lesson God taught me as we carved this flesh.
962. Special memories with good and perfect gift.
963. seeing the light of truth shine from this flesh carved.
964. The Jesus -o - lantern poem
                                                            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the "Happy" is coupled with the "Hard" { along with a free printable!}

When Marriage And Life Is Just Plain Hard....Keep On Keepin` On!

My First Mother's Day Without My Mamma