Crying To See God

His tears came from wanting to see God. We have been working our way through Max Lucado and Randy Frazee"s The Story at church. How thankful I am for this in our family life! From the pulpit the pastor has encouraged the Dad's to lead their family's through the week and then we would have a sermon about the chapter we studied on Sunday. This is a church wide thing. My good and perfect gift is learning the same thing only on his level. Our small group is going through it together as well. This has been a wonderful answer to my prayer for my husband. For once he is leading our devotional time, prayer time and reading through God's word. Thank you Daddy for such a wonderful time this has brought in our family. This is the way it should be. The dad that I know is in there is finally having to come out and lead his family.
                                               
We had began talking about Moses and how God hid him in the cleft of the rock so he would not see God's face and die. What happened next was not the reaction we were expecting. Our good and perfect gift began crying uncontrolably!

When we asked him what was wrong, he said with big warm wet tears streaming" I want to see God"! He thought that even in heaven he would not see God. We told him that in our sinful bodies we could never see God's face and live. We would only be able to see God's face when we have our new glorified bodies. So many times in scripture God either shielded the person or himself in order that they would live.
As our evening went on the more we explained the more he understood that he would get to see God's face when he placed his life in the hands of God and asked Jesus to come and rescue him from his sins and give him his Holy Spirit to come and dwell in his heart.
   



As I thought about what had taken place, I thought to myself, when was the last time I cried because I wanted to see God so badly. With heart now fully convicted, I can't remember the last time I cried because I wanted to see God. I think more about about it now and ponder and ask God to allow me to see him, to see his glory as moses did. To be more bold in my relationship with him and ask him to hide me in the cleft of the rock.


To hold me in his hands  and shield me when I need to be shielded.
  So how are you today friend? Are you crying to see God? When was the last time you asked him to show you himself? When was the last time you asked him to hide you in the cleft of the rock? 
Daddy, I only pray for the same fire that my good and perfect gift has. Would you consume my heart with a holy passion for you?Would you fill me full of an extra measure of your resurrection power? Give me the same love that your son has for you. In the mighty most holy name of Jesus I pray Amen.                                                                                

Popular posts from this blog

When the "Happy" is coupled with the "Hard" { along with a free printable!}

When Marriage And Life Is Just Plain Hard....Keep On Keepin` On!

My First Mother's Day Without My Mamma